I’m starting this blog with the intention to document my learning and provide a resource for others as they embark on their own journey to learn about cryptocurrencies.
This is a work in progress, so I’ll be trying out different formats and making changes as we go along. I plan on using the Feynman technique to thoroughly learn all aspects of a topic, then explain them in the simplest terms possible. For those unfamiliar, the Feynman technique consists of the following 4-step process:
1. Pick a topic you want to understand and start studying it. Write down everything you know about the topic on a notebook page, and add to that page every time you learn something new about it.
2. Pretend to teach your topic to a classroom. Make sure you’re able to explain the topic in simple terms.
3. Go back to the books when you get stuck. The gaps in your knowledge should be obvious. Revisit problem areas until you can explain the topic fully.
4. Simplify and use analogies. Repeat the process while simplifying your language and connecting facts with analogies to help strengthen your understanding.
So, I’ve 1. chosen the topic of Cryptocurrencies. 2. I’ll try my darndest to teach it to you in each blog post on a regular cadence posting Tuesdays and Saturdays 3. I’ll scour the internet and read source material from the original Satoshi Nakamoto whitepaper to the Bitcoin IRCs and keeping abreast of what is going on in the development of each cryptocurrency. 4. I’ll simplify, use analogies, and compile a glossary of all the lingo so any noob can use my site as a reference to jumpstart their learning.
This is beginning as a personal blog, and as I create more and more content I hope to become a resource. I’m open to suggestions and look forward to hearing feedback on all aspects of this blog from the layout to writing style to the formatting of posts. Also, please, please, PLEASE–for the love of knowledge, if I’m missing something or worse (i.e. totally off-base)–correct me to be as accurate as possible.
Here are a few ideas for the base words and ideas I and others need to fully understand and be able to explain simply in order to even begin speaking intelligibly about Cryptocurrencies:
- Digital Wallet
- Peer-2-Peer Networks
- Decentralize Applications (DAPPS)
I’ll add links to each word above once I’ve created the post about that topic. I’m sure there will be more nuance and sub-posts on each topic, so the initial goal is to gain a foundational understanding, share it, then refine and add to it as we go along.
So without further ado…